Become a Volunteer!
There are lots of ways to put your energy in action at the Community Park! We always need helpers, and we welcome you. We invite you to participate in the many programs taking place throughout the year. Our current volunteer opportunities include:
- Hands on Projects (i.e. park cleanup, skatepark maintenance, trail building)
- Park Farm Maintenance and Harvest (spring/summer months)
- Office Help (i.e. sending mailers, organizing, help with fundraising etc)
- “Weed Warriors” (invasive species removal and maintenance)
- General Event Help (set-up/takedown, sign-ins etc)
- Garberville Farmers Market Helper (May-October Fridays)
- Cal Fresh Outreach Program food basket packing (Wednesday mornings during spring/summer)
- Cal Fresh Outreach Program food basket delivery
Join our Volunteer Group on Facebook!
To keep on top of the most current opportunities please join our Facebook group! This group is an open forum for volunteers, or those interested in volunteering at Southern Humboldt Community Park. Here, park staff will post volunteer opportunities, and volunteers can directly communicate with park staff and stakeholders. Members of the group are encouraged to share ideas for projects, meet and network with other volunteers, share cool photos or communicate ideas on how the park can improve and make it a better place for all to enjoy