There are no day-use fees for ordinary use of the park by individuals or informal gatherings. If you are a conducting business at the Park (Dog training, photography sessions, yoga classes, etc.) please contact the office to discuss associated fees.
Day use fees are not required but are appreciated. If your event fits any of the criteria below, please contact us to discuss fees and to reserve the desired location for your event:
- If you would like to host a group event at the Park with over 10 people.
- If you would like to reserve a specific area for the use of your group.
- If participants of your event will be charged a fee.
- If food, alcohol or merchandise will be sold at the event.
- If alcohol will be served at your event (this will require proof of liquor liability coverage, provided by event hosts).
- If hired entertainment, such as bounce houses, hired musicians, photo booths or other rentals or services are present.
Contact Info: Phone: 707 923-3928 or email: info@SohumPark.org
Suggested Day Use Fees
Please note: fees vary by location in the Park
Suggested donations for Kimtu area; Tooby Memorial Playground, Redwood Grove & Eel River frontage:
- $30 – small gatherings (1-10 people)
- $45 – small gatherings (10-20 people)
- $60 – mid-size gatherings (20-30 people)
Suggested donations for Celebration Grove, & Pepperwood Meadow (a.k.a. Event Area)
- $150 – $250 – Small Gatherings, 30 – 50 guests (memorial services, bridal showers, etc.)
- $500 – $1,000 – Fundraising and event rental rate for 1 day (non-profits, schools, etc. contact Park Office)
- $1,000 – Large Gatherings/Events – Over 50 guests (weddings, corporate events, fundraisers)
Phone: 707 923-3928 or email: info@SohumPark.org
How and where to pay
Payments are made in advance, and may be dropped off at the Park Office in person, placed in the black drop box at the office, mailed to Southern Humboldt Community Park, PO Box 185, Garberville, CA 95542, or via direct deposit at Vocality Credit Union account #10771
Table and Chair Rental
We now have tables and chairs available to rent for your event. Please visit our RENTALS PAGE to learn more.
Signed liability waivers, with all fields completed, are required to attend any Southern Humboldt Community Park sanctioned event. Parents or guardians are required to sign a waiver for each minor in attendance. The forms below can be printed, filled out and brought with you to the event.
If you have a large group of people, please select the “Group Liability Waiver.”
Bird’s eye view of the Event Area, aka Pepperwood Meadow
Call for more information if you’re interested in having a wedding, a big ol’ birthday party, a fundraiser, or other event in this beautiful area of the Park!